You are here

Travel Insurance For Cross Border Shoppers and Travellers

If you travel from Canada to the U.S. by car, you probably don’t think about purchasing travel insurance to cover medical emergency costs while you are out of the country.

The fact is, you should.

Even if you only plan on crossing the border for a few hours, serious illnesses and injuries can happen unexpectedly at any time, requiring costly medical attention in the United States.

Many Canadians have discovered that a cross border medical emergency can cost tens, or even hundreds of thousands of dollars, creating financial hardship for their families, as most of these costs are not covered by Canadian Government Health Insurance plans.

Unfortunately, traditional travel insurance policies can come at a high cost and offer little flexibility, with many policies requiring you to purchase them on a per-trip basis.

Introducing BorderHop™ Travel Insurance -- Unlimited Trips from Canada to the U.S. for a Full Year at One Low Rate

Fortunately, 1Cover Travel Insurance is now offering a travel insurance product that is ideal for cross border shoppers, travellers and Canadians who make frequent trips to the United States.

1Cover’s BorderHop™ travel insurance covers Canadians for unlimited trips to the U.S. for a full year for a flat rate starting as low as $37 per year.

BorderHop Features

  • Plans starting as low as $37 per year
  • Covers unlimited trips to the U.S. for a full year
  • Covers unlimited trips within Canada & Worldwide (excl Cuba)
  • Up to $2,000,000 emergency medical coverage for each trip
  • Coverage for  Emergency Medical, Emergency Dental, 24hr Emergency Assistance, Hospital Expenses, Vehicle Return and more
  • Additional services such as Concierge, Bag Tracking and Travel Assistance
  • Trip durations of 9, 16 or 30 days per trip
  • Up to five children under 21 covered at no additional cost vs.

Compare Amazon prices and selection in the U.S. vs. Canada:

Courtesy of