You are here

Travelling to the U.S. with Children? Get a Travel Consent Letter

All adults traveling alone with minor children are should have a letter authorizing them to take the children on a trip out of the country. The letter should include addresses and telephone numbers where the parents or legal guardians who are not travelling with the children can be reached to confirm that the children are not being abducted or taken against their will.

It is a good idea to make sure your child travel consent letter is notarized to assist border services officers in confirming its authenticity.

Border services officers watch for missing children may ask detailed questions about the children who are traveling with you.

Divorced/separated parents who share custody of their children should carry copies of the legal custody documents when crossing the border. vs.

Compare Amazon prices and selection in the U.S. vs. Canada:

Courtesy of