Buying a car or other vehicle in the U.S. and importing it to Canada can save you $1000’s of dollars. However, there are many factors you should consider before making your decision, including:
- The cost of the identical vehicle in Canada;
- The Canada / U.S. exchange rate;
- Which vehicles have the lowest import duties and taxes;
- A calculation of duties, taxes and fees;
- Repair and Modification requirements;
- Will your vehicle comply with Federal & Provincial import requirements?; and
- Will your warranty be honoured in Canada?
Our US Auto Import Guide was created as a one stop resource, offering you valuable information onVehicle Duties, Taxes and Fees and Vehicle Import Requirements, as well as our US Vehicle Import Checklist and a List of Vehicles that can be Imported to Canada from the US.
Vehicle Import Agents
The process of importing a vehicle from the U.S can be time consuming and complex. If you do not want to handle the import process yourself, there are a number of vehicle import agents who can assist you with the process for a fee.
Warranties for Vehicles Imported from the United States
Before you decide to purchase and import a vehicle from the United States, you should be sure to check with the manufacturer to see if the warranty will be honoured in Canada.